Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mr. Farmhouse Swipes the Camera Again



































Saturday night, Mr. Farmhouse and I were heading home from a rare dinner out all alone...nothing romantic, just dressing halfway decent and a quick trip to the best local restaurant in town that we have gone to for years for a dinner of our favorite there: fish and chips.


(OH YUM, was it ever good! Perfection, really!)

On our way home when we got closer to home and away from town, we could see a fog forming very close to the ground. He got all excited and said we're going to get a good heavy frost and there will be some good pictures in the morning.

He remembered last year's beauties and was all excited to get up in the morning and let the dogs out and then start shooting. (He used my trusty little easy-t0-use Kodak which rarely has ever let us down and comes in consistently with solid results.) Mind you: THIS from a man who would hardly ever even touch a camera the first 25 or so years of our marriage.

But the digital thing and seeing instant results is helping him to gain confidence and look at the awesome shots he got. I did the editing and cropping but I'm impressed with his artful shooting and he gets ALL the credit. I'm showing them off to you because I'm so proud! The one at the top is just exquisite.

9 comments:

Julie Harward said...

WOW...HE DID GOOD! THEY ARE REALLY GREAT, GOSH I WISH WE COULD GET SOME SNOW OR FROST HERE! WE ARE AT 7000 FT. AND HAVE FULL SUN EVERYDAY. I MISS THE FROSTY WINDOWS OF MY CHILDHOOD! I ENJOYED THESE A LOT..THANKS! COME SAY HI :D

Hollace said...

He has a real eye for textures. They are stunning. I can just feel how cold it is--brrrr.

KathyB. said...

Your pictures are beautiful and I am jealous of all the lovely snow so many are getting! Even the south has snow, we have rain and mud!

What a nice time you and Mr. Farmhouse had, evenings together with your husband are nice, huh?

Sue said...

They are lovely shots! I so love pictures of the snow and frost more than I enjoy feeling it! Keep warm!

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

Mr Farmhouse is developing quite an eye for fabulous frosty photos!!We have the snow but not the pretty frost in southern Mich. Great pix and the fish and chips sound YUMMY!!

mary your sis said...

Cod or Walleye? Mmmm, what ever it was, it sounds good! The pictures are great. Looks like your honey had a nice long visit with Jack Frost!

TX Doodler said...

Wow,those are just beautiful shots! He really does have an eye for photography. My favorite is the ice on the chicken wire. Makes me want to reach out & swipe my fingers along it.(With woolen mittens on, of course. ha,ha)Great texture & light.

Barbara Pask said...

Wow, these shots are incredible. The one of the chicken wire looks like feathers. Digital cameras are the best, takes the fear out of taking pictures.

Patty's Stitches said...

Wow! Mr. Farmhouse has impressed me. It would be hard to pick a favorite!