Thursday, January 7, 2010

So......What's YOUR Comfort Food?




Home.

Homemade.

Two beautiful words.



It's cold and snowing...finally.


We had cold before, but hardly any snow.



That kind of weather is just...blah!
Gray, dull, weary, tired.



But snow?
Bring it on, it makes the winter ground beautiful pure white and sparkly again and adorns trees, rooftops, porch railings.

That makes for bakin' and cookin' the good stuff mood around here.



Pull out the recipe box kind of weather...




It's make the house smell good time.




It's also time to open those jars of goodies that were canned this summer and fall!



Time to do some mixin' and risin'....



Comfort foods are a matter of the heart. You really LOVE your comfort foods.




Doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl, everyone has a comfort food that brings back memories...




Comfort. Love. Contentment.

And all sorts of cozy feelings...right?



We don't count calories when we eat our comfort foods....if you do, it takes all the fun and loveliness out of eating it, making you into a regular killjoy!




So....simple, and yet SO GOOD.



And simply beautiful, too.

Homey.


So....

What
is
YOUR
favorite
comfort
food?



Recipes here...

Mine? Make it soups and stews.

You?



13 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Oh my, I think I just gained 5 lb.s looking at these pictures! well, mine are all the above too and meatloaf and baked potatoes...chili...clam chowder...and so many others! I too love to cook and bake, especially when it's cold! I loved to bake bread just as the kids were coming home from school, the boys would devour a whole loaf and still eat dinner! Come say hi :D

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Soup and crusty bread. But it needs to be soup "I" made, and bread from MY oven! Half the fun of comfort foods is in the preparation!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Homemade Mac & Cheese, I make it now like my Mom used to, and for some reason her Oatmeal Cookies were comfort food too, I make those too using her recipe, especially on cold stay in the house days.

adsgram said...

I cannot pick...I'll take one of each!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

savvycityfarmer said...

I'll have a bite of each ... I DO love a crispy hashbrown breakfast ... but then again I adore a thick chunky bowl of chileeee.

...oh and bring on cyn's crusty bread

Mitzi said...

We must think alike. This week we had goulash and pancakes.
Hang in there and keep cooking!
Happy New Year.

mary your sis said...

Homemade soups can't be beat for comfort food, but I also love meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy. MMMmmm, haven't had the latter in awhile. Your chikenetti looks yummy, do you have a recipe for that? If so, I'll bet that's a new front runner for favorites!

Anonymous said...

RECIPES PLEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!

peggy said...

This made me think of an old neighbor who has moved away. When everyone was out shoveling snow she made homemade donuts. I miss her.

Recipes? Have a nice weekend.

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I have to agree Soup and Stew for sure! I love a good post roast or hearty stew with fresh bread or rolls! Great pics!

Carey

Anonymous said...

You made me think of my mother.On a cold winter morning she would make me hot cocoa and toast for breakfast before she left for work.Comfort!!
Smiles from Southern Mi,Audrie

LeaderOfTheChickenParade said...

You need to come back and make your daughter more food --- we are out of left overs..... I need to get fat, remember, come cook for me woman! lol :)
Give Dan and Anngirl a kiss for me!!

Amy Kinser said...

Your meals look incredible!! May I come for dinner? I will bring the sweet tea...

God bless.