Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Farmhouse: In 1995



It's just a little house that sits by the side of the road, but it's our little house, and we like it.

I found this picture in an album the other day, so I took a picture of it to show you, as this photo pre-dates digital. This is our old house four years after we'd moved in and before we added the big addition on the back, pretty sure it was fall of 1996.


So many changes from today. I miss that picket fence, I don't know if I'll ever get that back, but OH how I loved it and it was great fun to decorate in every season! I'd forgotten about it until I found this old photo. We moved it to the back garden when we took it down, it's still out there, now chippy and old.

We hadn't added on yet and the siding and the roof and windows were all new. I have more old pictures of it to dig out, the ones when we first bought it and it was harvest gold asbestos-shingled-siding with a brown spray-painted roof. NO REALLY. It's true.

More to come on the evolution of this old farmhouse.

7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I LOVE YOUR HOME, IT REMINDS ME OF THE ONE I GREW UP IN ON A FARM IN IDAHO. NEW HOMES JUST DON'T HAVE THE SAME CHARACTER AND FEEL AS THEY DO. MY LAST HOME HAD A PICKET FENCE AND GATE, IT WAS FUN TO DECORATE TOO. LOVE IT..VERY BEAUTIFUL! COME SAY HI :D

KathyB. said...

Looks like the ideal home every woman wants..and YOU live in it!

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

Add dog and truck=Hallmark movie set!!! Lovin' that fence!! Can picture all kinds of goodies along it! WHAT was with HARVEST GOLD!! I just don't get it!! Can't wait to see more photos. What was your addition? My folks had to add a whole kitchen because the old one collpased after they moved the house! A shame because it had a big ol' pantry room too!!May I please request an order of Harvest Gold SUNSHINE for Mich..I am getting the BLAHS!!

morninglorycottage said...

I love your house. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope your weekend was spectacular.
Amanda

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Your home is absolutely charming, with or without the picket fence!

★Carol★ said...

I agree with Kathy B. It's the perfect house! I wish I didn't know that there was once a picket fence though. That's what I want surrounding my house!

LeaderOfTheChickenParade said...

You forgot to mention the torture you used to put your oldest children thru with painting that picket fence..... how it took us a week in the summer to do it.... and how Mark seemed to only paint the grass, the road, and me!!! LOL! I will have to put a fence in just to torture your grandchildren -- hahahaha!

But you sure had a pretty fence every year with a fresh coat of paint for the summer..... oh you need a picture of it too when it went all the way across the front of the yard, just that smaller section!!! :)