Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Story Time! Soda Pop

Today, our story is, of course....a cute lil' vintage book, A WHITMAN TINY TOT book...about an adorable goat who had a fondness for...

I like one, too, every day around noon (on ice) ....shame on me.

Because it's "bubbly"...


But unfortunately, mine doesn't come in a cute little wagon like this. I have to fetch my own (and return the bottles for a deposit refund!).


Such an honest goat!


Goats are so mischievous!


And you just have to love this goat who's so crazy about soda pop that he chases the little vendor...and the cute-as-can-be farmer's family who chases him!

Uh..oh!


The goat helps to save all the bubbly soda pop...

And is that not the cutest little vendor man, and one happy little goat. And who can resist that happy little family, so proud of their goat who loves soda pop!
(Momma ran out of the house with her apron on!)


And a happy ending!


And the back cover of the book's got charm, too!


PS: Anyone know how to remove the old price sticker residue without damaging the cover of the book?

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this story and the whole idea of story time! I would like to do this for fun! Thank you! We are watching the news tonight and I could sure use some time on your blog!

Happy@Home said...

Such a sweet story and precious illustrations too. I love those old storybooks and have a fairly large collection of them. Haven't seen this one before, however.

Sue said...

How sweet, Joni. I don't remember that one from my youth, but I remember all those books had the horse wearing a hat!

The Redhead Riter said...

That's really very funny.

Angelina said...

OOh I love a good book...

Kathie Truitt said...

Joni, I grew up with that book. Thanks for taking me down memory lane.

HireAuthority said...

My little sister wanted me to read this book to her every night before she slept back in 1968. She was 4 and I was 6. I had it memorized. We were poor and that is the only book we had. We wore it out.

We lived on a farm in Southern IL. I had not thought about that book or seen it in 4o years until I stumbled across your website.

:)

Bibi McCarthy said...

My mom used to read that book to my brother and I when we were little! My grandmother used to read it to her as well! Probably the 3rd most sentimental books to me, next to Color Kittens and Uncle Wiggley on the Farm! Such a cute book!