Monday, December 15, 2008

A Frame Job


One year, Mary and I got together one late fall weekend for a crafting bee. I took all kinds of stuff up north for the weekend, bits of this and that and odds and ends that seemed like they'd be good for Christmas crafts. Mary pulled out these bright frames, I think they used to be yellow with pink yellow and green photo matting, and we gave them a good makeover. What fun that was! She's so good at imagining how things should look.
The vintage-look stickers here are from the Dollar Tree years ago, how I wish now I had bought fifteen sheets of them! They are 3-d and this frame has room between the glass and the frame for them. They enhanced this frame gorgeously and the tiny tinsel was something she picked up at Target on clearance, I believe. The red striped paper around the opening for the photo was a stripe from a roll of cute wrapping paper!

It has become one of my favorite things to pull out at Christmas, to remember the fun we had that day making all kinds of pretty Christmas-y things.

This year it holds our Christmas card photo on the top of the shelf where we display our music boxes and water globes. I think the photo in it rather matches the look of the frame. Here's a photo of our shelf, too that I thought you might like to see.


No comments: