Friday, November 13, 2009

Pine Hollow Lodge Screened Porch

This porch is adjacent to the beachy dining and sitting area and the office that you saw recently.

It's done in a theme to match. It's a cool room most of the time, shaded by the tall pines and as you sit to read in an adirondack chair, it's easy to let the stress melt away to the soothing and hypnotizing sound of the fast-moving creek that's just feet away from the house.


In fact, you might soon find yourself asleep....!


Head out to the creek to watch the water flow over the rocks through a custom made screen door with pine tree cutouts....

This old coke cooler that stands in a corner once belonged to our dad...he often brought home really neat junk!



What's more appropriate in the piney woods than knotty-pine siding...


or...half-log steps accented with a tree-branch railing?



See the creek there through the pines?



Ahhhh.....!

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Pine Hollow Lodge screened-in porch!

8 comments:

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

May I book a room please! This place gets more inviting every time you show more. I LOVE IT!!

Mandie said...

I love the porch! I would love to have a screened in area, how wonderful.

Dee said...

Wow...you just showed me my hubs' dream retirement home.....just georgeous! I spent a few wonderful summers playing on my grandparents screened in porch, even sleeping out there on summer nights. Those photos stirred up a few memories for me!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

So beautiful and serene. I'd like to plop myself down in one of those chairs, whip out a book and just "be". thanks for sharing!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I love pine! It makes my heart sing!
Misha

Donna said...

I'm ready to move In!!!LOL...happy weekend!hughugs

Deanna said...

did like this!
d

Stephanie said...

Just have to tell you that I LOVE your politics! Preach it sister!!! Glad to see that there are sane people still out there!