Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Morning in the Garden...


A few cheery flowers for you, to start off the day...there's soft breezes blowing and the air is gentle and even warm! An early spring blessing for a pleasant Easter weekend!



The hyacinths worked hard to come up through the crusty cold snow. They are blooming in profusion, and giving you just a whiff of their sweetness on the soft wind that just brushed your cheek.


The daffodils are sunny, friendly for the most part, some a little bit shy. They are my little wallflowers, clinging closely to the stone foundation of the old farmhouse.

Some of them stand up straight, and some bend, to avoid your gaze...but they all know what you think of them! You're so happy to see them and their sunny color: that of hope, of Spring!



Oh, yes, if you look closely, you can see their all their ruffly flourishes, just one of the special things God made for our enjoyment.



And because it's Easter weekend, you might be looking for that special dessert for Easter dinner. So...



I don't know if you know this...and you may not if you don't "blog", but a blogger can add a widget to their blog to see what google search words bring people to their blog.

The most popular search and resulting hits on my little blog, hands down, is the search words like this or a variation of it:
"World's best coconut cake"
I'm not kidding.

It really picks up this time of year and during Valentine's Day week.

So if you want to get in on the action, without typing in a google search, here's the most popular post EVER: the one where I told how I make the best coconut cake and frosting.

It's worth re-posting this Easter, because it's worth MAKING at Easter!
(I'm getting hungry just looking at that picture!)
And, just so you know, it's the FROSTING that makes the cake, and yes, the raspberry jam, too.


And I'm noticing a ton of traffic these days also to see the difference between dyed brown eggs and white eggs: here they are side by side. Go here to read more.

Use store bought dye or google a way to make your own dye using food coloring, vinegar and hot water.


Easter is such a wonderful holiday to prepare for.
Full of rich meaning, as we remember the cross and the empty tomb.
Full of rich traditions.
New beginnings.
Green.
Full of spring colors and soft looks.
Full of memories.
Go make some...

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL THE

FARMHOUSE FRIENDS!

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your flowers are beautiful! It's such a wonderful time of year! I went and got your cake recipe ...looks like it's quick and easy and it looks amazing! I could make myself sick on the frosting! heehee!

Donna said...

Isn't it fun to see what folks are searching for the most and then find your blog?! My most popular topic has been bird bottles, which I featured last year. That is so interesting how the egg colors change the dye results. I never thought about it! I like the rich color with the brown eggs best.

Unknown said...

I am making this cake for my Drs. at my next appt. He LOVES coconut & he is worth every bite!!!

So how do you do that link thingy?

Happy Easter!
Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Great talking to you - I still haven't mailed mine... oops.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Have a great weekend!
He is Risen Indeed! Happy Easter!

Tanya said...

Hi Joni,
Great blog today....I'm enjoying my daffodils and hyacinths as well...and your coconut cake is beautiful!! I am curious...what plate is your cake slices on? I think it's the same pattern as my wedding china my husband and I bought at Macy's 25 years ago!! The pattern is Royal Gallery/Suzanne!! Familar?