Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back Road Beauty

I thought I'd share some of my back road beauty from the photo file. These were taken in the deep south: in the heart of Dixie during springtime. You don't get much better than a spring there, with new calves around every turn, greening in every pasture...and of course, old barns.


And there's the occasional old plantation home (honey has to hit the brakes!) to admire with their backdrop of the foothills of the beautiful, greening Appalachian Mountain range; with the dogwoods blooming for accent.


Even the humble cow pond becomes a thing of beauty against the blue skies, puffy clouds, and the scenic views beyond it.



This cow pond gave the illusion of falling right off the edge of the mountain...


'Round every corner is another bucolic view...



And the trees use their daytime hours to once again reach to the sun and green up, to give us the gift of bloom to be admired by all who take time to notice as they pass by.




Take the back roads at least once a week...
you'll love where they take you and what they have to show you, if you'll only look...

From your back roads believer,
Joni

14 comments:

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Hi Joni~ I love your photos, and wish I could walk through that lovely old barn! I love barns. Don't know why, but I do. Its spring... finally! Are you enjoying it? I hope so~ xxxVicki

Sunny said...

I agree, Joni. Take back roads AT LEAST once a week! I love country roads, old barns, cow ponds, old fences, and all that goes with .... Your photos look like they could have been taken in our area of SW Kentucky! Thanks for posting. Have a blessed day!

★Carol★ said...

When we go to the northwoods of Wisconsin in the summer, I spend lots of time driving the back roads! And some of my favorite things to see are old barns and ponds with ducks on them!

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

Help me out Joni! As a very limited knowledge gal on trees and flora,what are those LOVELY purple trees in your photos. Saw them all the way to Fla in back down south and I love their feathery purple branches! Great photos and yes, backroad beauty is incomparable!!

Teresa said...

You've made me a back road believer too, Joni! As always, gorgeous photo's that make me want to just walk right into the picture!
I too, would love to know about that beautiful purple tree.
Have a great weekend!
Teresa

Connie said...

Your photos are so peaceful looking! I love them all :)

Miss A said...

Great pics! You know that's my style!! ; ) Here's to many back road trips this year!!

~Miss A

aimee said...

I LOVE back roads--roads that travel through the countryside, forests and mountains! I even like taking back streets in towns and cities--so MUCH more interesting then freeways:)
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Never been to the South but would love to go there someday!

Anonymous said...

Been a back road kind-a lady as far back as I've been able to drive. You make me want to have been with you during your outing from the photos. My goodness -- if only I could step Into the photos and make a new home-- haha! I wish for a farm and farm house! Do you know anyone who wants a beautiful resort home right by the lake.. To trade for their farm & house !

FHCS said...

Joni,
Your pictures are just beautiful, your neck of the woods is georgeous and what a view you get to live around! Thanks for sharing!
Dee

mary your sis said...

Be-u-tee-ful. Thank you for a trip south when i couldn't go myself this year. I always love the saturation of color the further south I travel, when everything in Michigan is still grey and brown. I can't wait to see the first daffodils, azaleas and rudbuds.

Bloggin'-Bout-My-Boys: The trees are called Red-Buds. Aren't they just amazing?

Gotta love southern scenery!

Hearts Turned said...

Hi Joni! So glad you came by for a visit so I could follow you back to your lovely blog! What gorgeous photos! I've not been to the south yet, if you can believe it! Almost everywhere else, though! So I will love coming for a visit and seeing the beautiful South through your eyes!

I'll be back often to say hello--have a beautiful weekend!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

DId you send it yet?

I keep forgetting.

These photos are wonderful! That cow pond... oh my...

LeaderOfTheChickenParade said...

The purple/pink or white trees are DOGWOOD trees :) First sign that spring is starting in the south!