Monday, January 5, 2009

Don't Throw away that Calendar Yet!

click on photo to enlarge, and to read the recipe for COZY MORNING CASSEROLE!


Wouldn't you just like to crawl into this bed with a nice, thick book? And pull up the covers and wiggle your toes while you listen to the wind blow just a few inches away? Doesn't that recipe look delish? Well, this little piece of coziness isn't wall art, this is actually an old calendar! Framed. It hangs in my kitchen right near the table at eye level when we're sitting down.
*
I hope I'm not too late for you! Do you hang onto old calendars like I do? Most of mine go in a scrapbook but now your calendar can become wall art. I credit some other nice and creative genius of a blogger, don't remember just who it was now, who told about these awesome frames for your old 12 x 12 calendars.
*
It won't work with the bigger or smaller ones. GOOSEBERRY PATCH just so happens to print 12 x 12 calendars, and this girl used to be one who couldn't wait to get her new Mary Englebreit calendar each December, but a couple years ago I abandoned M.E., once I discovered the art on the Gooseberry Patch calendars irresistable and so adorably cottage-like: which I love, and the cherry on top being that each month has a new recipe printed on the picture!
*
Here's last year's Gooseberry Patch calendar as wall art in my kitchen: the frame, made for 12 x 12 scrapbook pages works very well for this calendar. The frames retail for $9.99 at Michaels, but you can use your coupon, I got lucky and happened to find them on sale for 40% off and picked up several; some of them I used for Christmas gifts this year! One friend adores Dick & Jane, so she got one for the Dick & Jane calendar, which also luckily are 12 x 12.
*
So, this month, I will make this breakfast casserole and feel that the money I spent on this calendar, ($16 or so) is well worth it because I can enjoy the pictures another year! Then, next year, I will put the 2009 calendar in the frame. Smart idea, no?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice idea! Good thinking!

Laura said...

Hey, I'm tryin that recipe this weekend! Yum :9

The Raggedy Girl said...

I am totally addicted to the Susan Branch calendars and every page is perfect to be framed.
Roberta Anne

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I should add that the frames come in red, white and black, but I see no reason you couldn't paint these frames easily to match what you want. They're very simply made and would be easy to spray paint.