Monday, January 12, 2009

Cupcake Kiss, Brownie Delish! Make a Puddle today....


Posted by Picasa





Pardon me, I had to make one of these twice today, simply because I had to share it with you, after I ate the first one, it dawned on me I should tell all of you about it! I love the corners of brownies, so I solved that dilemma by baking my brownies in a cupcake pan. This is what you'll do:


Mix your brownies according to package directions, but just add an extra egg. This allows the brownie to become more cake-like and rise a little more.


Take the foil off abuot 21 or so Hershey's Kisses (plain chocolate or any of the flavors of Kisses; mint ones work especially well!) Don't walk by those clearance/seasonal flavors of Hershey Kisses again without looking, I found chocolate/cherry ones right after Valentine's Day and those taste super in these brownies.

So, spray your cupcake pans with Pam, and put approximately 1/3 cup of batter into each cupcake hole. Bake about 20-25 minutes at 350 or until the tops of the brownie cupcakes are firm to the touch, but watch them so they don't get too done. You want the perimeter of the brownie to be nice and crusty but not burnt.

When they come out of the oven, give the brownies a minute to set up and then remove them from the pan to a cooling rack. (A regular boxed brownie mix should make approximately 21 brownie cupcakes.)

After five minutes or so, press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each brownie. They will partially melt, but you don't want to do this step when they're so hot they'll melt completely.

You can eat these as they are....they're delicious all on their own: moist, chewy, just right on the outside with melty chocolate in the center.

BUT.... they're really good warm with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream on top. Of course, you can imagine the melted chocolate of the Kiss, and the moist chewiness/crusty edge of the brownie, and that cold ice cream melting into the whole mix....mmmmm! Help me, Rhonda!

And, don't worry if you don't get the whole batch eaten at the first sitting. Put the remaining cooled brownies into a ziploc bag for snacking on later, or to make this same dessert. All you do is pop the brownie into the microwave for about twenty seconds and it's good to scoop the ice cream onto again for a wonderful puddle of yumminess! Delectable, delightful, and most of all SIMPLE! Now I have to go finish eating my puddle before it runs right off that plate!

OFFICIAL FARMHOUSE FOOD!

2 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Do I know a certain little boy who would love this kind of brownie, thank you for sharing.
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I never thought to use a cupcake pan....