Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's STORY TIME! My Cowboy Book 1957

This is a Rand-McNally Start Right Mini-Elf book from 1957. My daughter picked it up at an antique store to use in her baby's room. From this book, we made several prints for the wall of the nursery, shown here.


These are the prints we enlarged and framed for the nursery wall.


While I was there, I photographed the book to share with you as another part in our series, "Story Time!". I hope you enjoy the beautiful water color illustrations and the cowboy "education", a bargain at 29 cents!


(click any photo to enlarge)
















As a kid, I remember always enjoying the back cover of these books and their tiny little illustrations, as well as the Little Golden Books, whose publisher similarly illustrated their back covers in a way to market more titles. This back cover is especially cute!


4 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I always loved that little elf on the back covers of those books! And I've also loved those old cowboy illustrations, and think they are the cutest thing for a boy's room. Their little imaginations can just run wild, looking at those images!

savvycityfarmer said...

flashback flashback flashback ....

great idea for a themed bedroom !!!

Faith said...

I liked to look at the back too, even now..so simple and childlike..

I sent you an email with a question about the pickles....in addition to my original question, where did you find the jar that you have your pickles in?

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Hi Faith! Your email is not enabled on your profile so I can't reply directly to your email....but to answer your questions...

The jar came from a local hardware store, they can order one if it's not in stock...go to your small-town locally owned store instead of the big box. I checked my email and don't see the question you had about the pickles...