Monday, June 8, 2009

Visiting YOU is a SPECIAL Treat!

Just want to say I'm here, logged in on the "magic" computer.... with a little "Morton Salt" mug of tea, sitting on my coaster that is a little thrifted blue plate, with a piece of Mr. Goodbar, BROWSING your little homes on the web.


May I say that I enjoy that blog-time so much, all of your INSPIRATION, enjoying each of your GIFTS...some of you are excellent at photography, or perhaps thrifting, baking, cooking, or creating, or putting it all together, some of you have farms--and so many kinds of them: with lots of interesting stories to tell, seasonal work to show, or some have special pets who "tell us stories". Some of you work like crazy to restore old homes and thrilled with your work, you can't wait to show us the results, and how we enjoy that! There are those that have a special way of telling a story that intrigues the reader right up through to the end...some are encouraging and inspirational: BUT ALL OF YOU BLOGGERS ARE AWESOME.

I enjoy visiting all of you and savoring your OWN LITTLE MAGAZINES: all of which you imagine, then you create, edit, and publish on the web. I have been motivated to be more creative myself, challenged myself to better photography, been encouraged to share the simple things, that to some of you are very interesting but to me could be mundane, everyday happenings.

Some of you never see snow or a drastic change of seasons, and you thank those of us who show you the piles of snow or photos of a thick frost that we grow weary of! Conversely, some of us barely make it through the seemingly endless six-to-nine-month-long winter and LOVE to come to your blogs and look at green grass and blooming flowers during February, March and April and we tell ourselves that we can make it!

In winter, when we're having Christmas, it's summer down under in Australia or New Zealand, and we enjoy looking at the vegetable gardens and seeing the bright sun shown through the windows as they snap a picture for us of their Christmas trees!

I want to ENJOY THE LIFE I LIVE and strive to do that: and we all HELP EACH OTHER know that our lives are indeed SPECIAL AND UNIQUE, the icing on the cake is sharing it with YOU ... so happy that you take the time to do the same.

Here's to BLOGGERS who share unselfishly!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that! Nice post.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!! Really, you are a genius! That sidebar can get so long and there I NO rhyme or reason to my list. I loved your strawberry post - the kids and I had our first today!

Debra Howard said...

I have spent a little bit of time reading your posts on your blog the past couple of days and I have to say that it is fantastic! I love it! It really makes me get into that dreamy place. I love your pictures and the things you write. We seem to have a lot in common and the coolest part is that even with all the common likes and dislikes our blogs are so different. That is one of the things I love about blogger land. Getting to see everyone's perspective which might be similar yet looks so different in the end. Keep up the good work.
Debbie

Farmgirl Cyn said...

And WE love you, Joni! You are a real friend, tho we have never met. I am blessed to have you a part of my life!

XOXO,
Cindy

blushing rose said...

Joni ~ You are such a sweetie ... TY for the post & sharing with us all. I enjoy your writings immensely. TTFN ~Marydon

Donna said...

You are SO RIGHT! Three cheers for bloggers!!!!!!

Patty's Stitches said...

What a sweet message to all the bloggers! I love, love, love YOUR blog. I could get lost in it for hours going back to read older posts. I'm going to have to "sit a spell" and just read the whole thing. You keep me inspired.
XO,
Patty

{oc cottage} said...

What a great, and unselfish, idea!

m ^..^

morninglorycottage said...

Oh how true, how true. Really enjoyed your post. I too enjoy the time I get to spend on visiting others blogs. It's so fun to see what people are up to around the world, not just my little piece of the earth. It is just like reading a magazine. I've just about kicked my magazine habit, just about! :-)
I was wondering if I could copy some of your awesome recipes? Strawberries have peaked here, but there's always the fall crops. You can reach me at the blog.
Enjoyed my visit once again. Thanks!!

Donna said...

...little magazines!! It's SO True!!! happy night sweetie!!hughugs

Kathy Butryn said...

What a joy to visit your blog today. I just loved browsing through your posts, looking at the pics and listening to your heart. You are right...there is something special about "dropping in" to visit fellow-bloggers!
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I hope your Rhubarb Meringue turned out delicious!! Please come by again...anytime!
Have a great day,
kath

Eclectic Chic Style said...

What a sweet post, and thank you for the sweet comments on my post today. Love visiting your blog it's so comfy and reminds me of home.
Love your song playing too....Blake Shelton is one of my many favs!! Hope you have a lovely evening!
♥ Teresa