Friday, March 25, 2011

My Dearest Dorely: New Blog!

(The above photo is not labeled, I am not sure on any of the photos, most are unlabeled.  But this is the blog header picture for the new blog!)



Well... the new blog is up and going!


We have some information on Dorely, too!
A sweet reader on facebook graciously offered to help look info up on ancestry.com.
We already have information and I will share that here with you.


Karen writes that Dorely was born in Switzerland about 1915, arrived in the US 1919.  


In 1936, the US City Directory lists her as a typist at the US WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION.  Shows 2 sons, Dennis and Raymond as students.


More info to follow, I am sure.  And, lots and lots and lots of photographing and typing, much translating!  Relatives from France and Switzerland, and England wrote...and there are many other postcards from all over the world!


But for now...come and follow Dorely, won't you please?




    So there is much more to discover!  And it looks like Karen is going to be an invaluable resource!
    (This is all making me want to join ancestry.com!)


    I have the text of two personal letters written, one to Dorely, and one to her mother, Maisie.



    3 comments:

    Nancy said...

    What a nice thing for Karen to do. Awesome!

    I'll be following along on your new blog. Sounds so interesting. :)

    Brenda Evans said...

    Joni this is wonderful and interesting. I'm so glad you decided to do this. It's wonderful that people are willing to help that can help. I love history and the way people used to write is just beautiful. It's like poetry.

    Unknown said...

    Bless that reader!! How neat and fun to watch this mystery unfold!