Thursday, November 18, 2010

Little Lessons from the Back Roads







It's Friday! Another week has flown by!


Christmas is in the back of my mind...more and more lately. The local station has begun its Christmas music and that always lights a fire under me, making me realize how close it's becoming.

I've been asking the kids for lists, and I've been thinking about what I'm giving this year. There are a few things that are can't miss: Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift cards; iTunes gift cards, Burt's Bees products (oh, yes!), and food and other goodies made from your own kitchen--they always seem to be a hit with friends and neighbors, co-workers and extended family. (I have bought red and white gingham jar lids this year just to make my apple pie filling look more festive when I give it.)

I usually like to get Thanksgiving done without preparing for Christmas...I think Thanksgiving deserves to stand on its own, so there it is--I just get lists made and plans in my head and wait until the turkey's put away.

Well, today my major goal is to dust the furniture throughout the house, and girls let me tell you, it's my most-loathed chore, I'd much rather clean toilets, wash windows, clean the oven, even. Can you believe it?

So how about you? Do you enjoy or loathe the dusting!?

What is your least favorite household chore?

3 comments:

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

You are NOT alone, I loathe dusting as well! I'd rather do just about anything than dusting. It was such a blessing when our son was still living at home, he loathed weeding in the garden and yard work, so we made a barter he cleaned the house, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning toliets, etc... and I weeded and did yard work. Now Cortney and I just split up the chores, she is nice enough to do the dusting*wink*

Christmas projects are underway, since everything will be made this year or bought on sale. No Christmas music is allowed until after Thanksgiving here. Otherwise what happens is we get tired of it.

Blessings for your day :o)

Donna said...

I despise dusting! I'd rather do any other chore!

bridget said...

I am enjoying your blog, I am also from the Beautiful state of Michigan! You have captured so many quintensential pics of Michigan we are lucky to live here.
I agree with you about the dusting, you can dust the whole house and the very next day it seems to be back. I always hated to dust, when I had to do it as a chore for my mom I vowed I would never have all the knick knacks like she had. But of course I grew up to be just like Mom, I love vintage and collecting and I still hate dusting.