Saturday, November 20, 2010

Clouds on the Horizon


I have kids that I want to see do better than we did.

Lately, the news seems to point in the direction opposite of where I came.

I see clouds all around me.




Sometimes, east seems west, and north seems south.

Right seems wrong, and evil is praised as good.

It is the result of walking too long in the darkness.

All perspective seems lost.

I reach out, grope, fight and feel for the way back.

In the back of my throat I swallow away, again, that huge lump of dread that our country has seen its best days, and the direction we are heading is away from the magnet that was carefully put on our compass by the men who first envisioned a free nation and then figured out our conception, and writhed through the birthing process and brought forth something miraculous, and only lived long enough to watch the first teeth cut...




As the ones put in charge of this precious offspring of the founding fathers, are we willing to waste their labor and their delivery --to us-- of the best country in the world, the best that has ever been known, or perhaps, ever will be again?




Are we hardy enough --still-- to take the hard road back to the one that our birth fathers and mothers have paved for us?

Because the really hard work is still yet to come.

We have to pray, persistently, on our knees, for this country.

There is a lack of leadership, and where there is a vacuum, it will be filled. We are waiting to be pounced upon by the wolves of the world, they are out there, with their teeth bared, patiently watching us, sensing the weakness.

All around me I see the beginnings of anarchy, and the lawlessness on behalf of the leaders is spilling over and multiplying in our home states and the cities that surround us. It's scary to contemplate where we are heading, and where we could be in two years...if that won't make us moms pray, I don't know what could.

8 comments:

Kerin said...

Pray, pray always.
As a mother it's what I have done, and always will do.

Donna said...

I'm not a mom, but I am still deeply concerned about the financial and national defense messes that are being created by the current administration. May God have mercy on this country.

Laura said...

As a mom of grown children, I pray. And I pray a lot...

savvycityfarmer said...

oh Joni .....

poignant

Anonymous said...

Joni,
On our knees, we can do a great amount of POWERFUL good.
I'm joining you!
The reason I have peace about my Chickie is because of the time I spend in prayer, praying God's Word over her.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Joni,
You are a better woman than I... I get so mad, I want to freak out... I need to pray for the country more... but it's hard for me to pray about something that seems so hopeless.
I can't even bring myself to dream about the future like I used to.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Never give up hope. Life is a journey and we need not be rooted in the times that are bad. We look for what's around the bend in the road the God has us and our nation on. Be strong and keep praying and believing. Thanks for sharing, Joni. It's so true but we need praying people like you to keep praying with the rest of us!

kristina said...

Thank you so much for this post - I will be back again and again for your positive inspiration. It is a challenge to all of us who understand to gather those to us who need to hear that there is a true way our founding fathers suffered for and it is the all inclusive way to true freedom.