Monday, November 15, 2010

Is It Monday Again?



Is it Monday again? Oh, yes.




Everything that could go wrong --did-- this morning: to greet the morning in style, our mini daschund got sick in his kennel and I had to clean that up before I ever dried my hair. (Let me just say I'm glad it was the mini dog that made the mess as opposed to the eighty pound dog!)

Other things went wrong too --before 7:00 while the coffee was still brewing-- and even a neighborhood dog helped the situation today. This dog is notorious for escaping quite often and runs the countryside --

Copper showed up in our yard and I had to stop cleaning up my doggie's mess, look up the number in order to call the owner whose dog it is to come get the dog, but first I had to find a collar and leash and wrangle him into it and put him in our spare outdoor kennel. And in the meantime, our dogs went nuts because another dog was in their yard! Heaven FORBID!

(The stray dog tried to hump me--him standing up--four times while I was leashing him up....I'd say he needs to go get some surgery done, wouldn't you?)

The owner showed up just in time --exactly when I was supposed to leave to take Luke to school. (Because of all the mayhem I didn't get Luke's lunch made and found out he forgot his gym bag, too so he'll have to take a zero in his phys ed class today!) All of this before 7:30.






When I pulled into town, a fire truck pulled out of the station...





When I left town, an ambulance pulled out right in front of me.

My perspective changed.

So, I left town thinking many other people have had a worse Monday morning than I have!

I need to clean my house after a busy weekend, my sister is coming down to do some canning: she wants to learn how so we're going to spend a couple days making applesauce and apple pie filling. I'm looking forward to it.

And she celebrates a birthday while we're together so that should be fun...I hope what I have planned works out and I hope to be able to share it with you.

How has your Monday morning been?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankfully, better than yours so far! Sort of makes you want to go back to bed and put your head under the covers, doesn't it? Or at least eat some chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Joni,
That was a bad start, but you've got a great outlook!
Mine was much smoother, and actually turned out pretty well.

Unknown said...

Thank God you coffee pot did not break down! Live is full of crazy turns!

Tanya said...

Well, alls I can say is after a post like that, my Monday ended up pretty good. I CAN NOT top that one! I really dislike Mondays and my goal is just to get through them. But you deserve the award today! Go to bed early...you deserve it!
:o)
Tanya

The Preacher's Wife said...

I've got to agree..cleaning poop and/or vomit is not a good way to start the day. You're right though..it could always be worse.
Hope your week gets better.

FarmHouse Style said...

I've had a bit of a perspective shift myself these last few days.

I wanted to thank you for offering a prayer on my behalf. I am glad to report that all is well:-)

I hope you and your sister have a wonderful visit.


Rhonda