Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Very Vintage Valentine Birthday

I have a friend who has the sweetest birthday; it's Valentine's Day!



So into the mail went a sweet little package, full of vintage goodness for this friend.
My birthday wishes for her were written on the back of this sweet lil' vintage Valentine. Her and I are both lovers of food and enjoy cooking so it was the perfect card: it says

"If my COOKING you will do, my Valentine"

HA!
Since the gift was kitchen oriented, all the better!
(And the little girl wearing that big blue gingham apron is adorable, too.)


Like me, she enjoys vintage linens and has a lot of nice ones, many of which are family heirlooms. Her mom is a wonderful needle worker and has made many beautiful things for her over the years.

Into the vintage box went some goodies I'd been collecting with Pam in mind...



And since Pam's kitchen is burgundy and accented in pink and soft green, these vintage kitchen items were perfect for her!

So into the mail went my good wishes and these rosy picks, for a very vintage Valentine Birthday!


Here's a hot pad, in perfect condition....

(I like the pattern but sometimes I can't help but think this is what our brains look like....only they're not rectangular and not done up in crochet thread. I know, I'm weird.
)



And a delicate and rosy potholder...I'm sure it was saved just for company back then! It didn't look "used" at all.

Vintage finds are not only fun to hunt, they're tons of fun to GIVE!!






Here's another very vintage gift that went out ...for someone special, my niece Autumn. More kitchen goodies, a linen towel with yellow stripes and some beautifully crocheted potholders for another kitchen that is very vintage!


All tied up with a bow and a little tag with a cute sticker and wrapped in yellow tissue paper.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to give gifts like this to loved ones who love vintage as much as I do!


I get the joy of looking and finding, and then best of all, the giving.
It doesn't get much better than that!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Awwww! I love home-made gifts from the heart. Soooo cute :) oh, my sissy AShley is also a Valentine baby! She turned 26 this past V-day. I would love to have a Valentine baby. Happy belated Valentines day Joni!

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

Your friend Pam and niece Autumn will be THRILLED!!! Abolutely love the linens!!!

Kathleen Grace said...

Who wouldn't love such thoughtfully chosen, beautiful gifts! They must have been delighted!

Julie Harward said...

What cute finds and what lucky ladies. I love to find them too, they just aren't made any more! Come say hi :D

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I love the vintage goodies you gave away to your friends. How fun for them. I have a Valentine birthday as well....fun and my husband never forgets it! :0) Thanks for sharing.

BeautifulDees said...

God Bless You. You are a true blue American Girl. I love your blog.
Love,Debbie

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

The pink and green pot holders are fab! What a lucky girl ;)

mary your sis said...

All of your gifts are adorable. Lucky birthday girls! and, I never thought of it until you said it, but the one potholder does look a little like brain matter!