Friday, February 5, 2010

Easy Berry Cobbler





I made a terrible supper last night for my family. It was memorably bad.
If I were to describe it to you, I'm sure you would have a stomach ache just from hearing about it.

Ever have one of THOSE nights?

I had one last week and one again this week.

Tonight I tried to make it up to them and made baked beef stew, homemade rolls and this cobbler. It's warm and yummy to the tummy.

This recipe comes from my sweet, southern friend Pam, who loves food as much as I do. I will always be glad that she shared the recipe with me...she's always been generous that way.

Any recipe from a southern friend is well worth having!

Easy Berry Cobbler

or
Triple Berry Cobbler

2/3 c. each flour AND sugar
1 - 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 c. milk
2-3 c. berries
6 T. margarine
(I use my frozen strawberries and raspberries from the garden and blueberries.)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and milk in a bowl.
Melt margarine in baking dish.
Pour batter over melted margarine.
Spoon berries over top.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Batter will rise to the top.


Have a warm and cozy weekend. I have some sewing to do while my foot mends...a big breakfast for all of us on Saturday morning, the BUD SHOOTOUT in Daytona on Saturday night for us ...then church on Sunday followed I hope by something good for dinner and all ready to head into another busy week!

Keep Warm and thanks for stopping by!
XOXO
Joni

10 comments:

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Hi Joni, Oh yeah... been there, done that! LOL I love your easy cobbler recipe. I have a ton of frozen berries to use up too... perfect! Thank you~ Btw, I love your TEA Party Patriots button! (: xxVicki

Julie Harward said...

LIFE IS SHORT...EAT DESERT FIRST I SAY! I HAVE SOME OF THOSE NIGHTS TOO..HUBBIE COMES IN AND SAYS WHAT YOU COOKING..I SAY, SOMETHING TO EAT! COME SAY HI :D

aimee said...

yes ive tried a few diff things for dinner and it turned into a pizza night :) the pie lookes so warm and yummy and the dinner you made sounds so rich and delicious. id love to have that recipe too.
blessings,
aimee

Anonymous said...

Sounds SO good-makes me eager for summer and all those berries!!
Glad to hear about your good news re: your foot not being broken!
Blessings from the PNW,
Aimee

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

As soon as my sniffer works and this cold I am nursing lets up I am going to try that cobbler. It looks SOOOOO yummy!! My first years of marriage were about OOPS!dinners...got a patient hubby thank the Lord!!! I have a feeling I would even like your "mistake" dinners,Joni!!! Blessins' while your healing.

peggy said...

My grandmother made this cobbler when I was a child (in Ky.). She was one of those "scratch" cooks, three times a day, but I remember how delighted she was when she found something that was easy-to-make. It's a good day to have cobbler.

FarmHouse Style said...

Oh, my goodness! You are making my mouth water... I'll have to give this a try... maybe tonight:-)

Thanks for passing it on.

Rhonda

Rue said...

Hi Joni :)

Oh, I've done that plenty of times! All good cooks have to mess up at least once in awhile to become a better cook :)

That cobbler looks delicious!!

xoxo,
rue

Simple Home said...

Yes, I've had those nights. My mouth is watering, this looks and sounds so yummy!
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Cobbler any kind is a welcome in my kitchen. My experience with southern cooks have always be the best -- My mother from WV and her dinners were always yummy - she was taught well. I often head over to Southern Plate's blog she always is cooking up something -- I find a wonderful meal to cook up or to bake from her blog. If you do drop on over to her site you will be delighted with stories that go with what ever she is cooking or baking-- let her know that "The Gough Inn" sent you her way --- she will be filled with joy! I believe you will be hooked on her blog too!