Friday, November 20, 2009

Golden Grain....


Taken yesterday, just outside the front door....



And this, taken with a telephoto, just outside the back door and way across the fields of the neighbor's grain bins; they are the ones who farm the land all around us. Thank heaven for the farmer....


It's an unusually nice day here in Michigan for late fall. I have quilts and sheets hanging on the line! Last year by now we'd had snow and cold, cold weather. I just saw a big group of Harleys go by the house, and a few classic cars have been up and down the road today. I got the Mustang out and started 'er up, backed her out of the barn and let her run for a bit and vacuumed her out. I would have loved to wash her, but being in the pole barn all winter, Sally would just get dusty again in no time.

Doesn't it seems like this year has just flown by!?

I hope you have a good Saturday!
XOXO
Joni

2 comments:

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Oh Joni, you are soooo lucky to have that view out your door!!! How I LOVE farms AND FARMERS! Most people just don't give it a thought... but without them, we'd all be starving. What year is your Mustang? Our neighbor has an immaculate 1967! Enjoy that nice weather!!! (: xx Vicki

sherry said...

What a pretty location - great views. wow. Love the yellow grain. Beautiful.

Outside *my* front door I see that my neighbor hasn't picked up his Sunday paper yet. He walks his dog and goes to work then steps over the Sunday paper. What's up with that?!

jAne * tickleberry farm