Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cookin' up Some Christmas!

Good Saturday morning!

Something vintage is in the kitchen...
a cute little vintage plug-in light came from a garage sale for a dime, and cheers my kitchen up immensely!

I just wanted to mention that TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES channel has a wonderful lineup this time of year. If you can't watch, it makes wonderful background noise to work to in the kitchen! I love it.

Go to the link above for schedules to DVR your favorite Christmas classics and more to enjoy the vintage movies, classics we all know and love, some always timeless, like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington....

Did you know that you can also BUY CHRISTMAS GIFTS from this site? There are literally hundreds of classic movies that would be welcomed by anyone who loves vintage! Go shop here.

Have a great Saturday, I am going to finish decorating the house; and next week I hope to finish shopping and wrapping so I can get to the baking!

What are your plans for the weekend?




7 comments:

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

What a fun little vintage light Joni! You find the best stuff! (: I love Turner Classics and do the same as you... background noise as I work on Christmas things. (: My plans for the weekend?... Stay tucked in the house as the wintery rain goes on outside. A Merry Weekend to you~ xx Vicki

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Love just about anything vintage, especially when it comes to Christmas!
I think I am going up to the sewing room and finish a couple of projects, then possibly make a batch of Joy's coconut macaroons!

Susan at Charm of the Carolines said...

Love, love, love your website. Thrilled to have stumbled upon it! Can't wait to find the time to peruse it's many nooks and crannies.

Peace and Puppies,

Susan at Charm of the Carolines

Happy@Home said...

What a great deal you found on that adorable light. I love the little stove too. Thanks for the reminder on Turner Classic movies. I will have to check it out as I love the old (vintage) holiday movies.

I am supposed to be writing out Christmas cards, but instead I'm doing a little blogging. Shh, don't tell :-)


Enjoy your day.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a cute light and such a bargain! My weekend started with Dave's company Christmas party last night and today was spent recovering. This afternoon I wrote Christmas cards, tomorrow is church followed by me delivering a baby quilt. At this moment, I'm blog visiting and watching Foyle's War.
Merry Christmas!

Donna said...

How Cute!! I need to check out TCM channel! Thanks!hughugs

mary your sis said...

Love the little light!! So sweet and innocent! thanks for the info, I'll see what's on TCM.