Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garage Sale Goodness...Huntin' Camp Style!

Treasures now being used at my sister's home...

Last summer, I found this heavy, gorgeous old hunting plaid 'n yellow drinking glass at a garage sale. I recently found it in a box, and gave it to my sister because she's the only person I know with a vintage hunting plaid wool-upholstered couch set and a "log cabin" or "lodge look" living room!

It sure does look cute (if I do say so myself!) and for .25 cents, what a happy little home accessory it makes sittin' by her lil' vintage look phone holding tree bark pencils and pens!

Oh, and remember the chippy old green boat for .25 cents that I got a couple weeks ago? Well...it made the trip north, too, and it's right at home in the "lodge" too, don't you think?!


Happy garage salin' to all of you...remember, the oddest little orphan vintage items can sometimes make the best accessories of all!

10 comments:

Deanna said...

AMEN Sister!
I luv thrift stores and garage sales.
My post today is about a treasure as well.
Come on by for a spell.

Blessings,
~D~

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores... love em all! I love that cool blue phone too! (:

Elenka said...

I've never quite seen a phone like that!! I can say, for one thing, that I don't miss the old phone 'ring'. That loud ring ring always scared the heck out of me, and even now, if I hear it in a movie, it freaks me out!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't go to garage sales but I have a few thrift stores that I love! It's fun to find something special. I love what you found!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl you always find the best stuff...love all your finds my friend...May you have a great week...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Eclectic Chic Style said...

It is cute, I used to have a lodge decor in my old house too, and I loved it for soo long, it just suited the house. Great treasures!
♥ Teresa

Elise said...

Indeed they do!! I went out salin' this weekend and wondered what you were getting, also!!
My little boys' room sports a lodge look. I need a few homes to decorate in all my styles that I love!!
Elise

cherry said...

I just love that kitchy cabin look! It is right at home here in the great northwest. I have the camps and cottages book.....lovely! That is one great little glass. c herry

jen said...

Very nice!! My oldest son has his bedroom decorated very similiar!! Cozy!

Jen

Mary said...

Mary says:
thanks for the glass and the boat, sis! I love them both and they make me want to make a trip to your house to do some garage sale-ing with you! For anyone who likes the phone, it's a bargain from Pottery Barn Outlet. Thanks again, for thinking of me when you find these treasures.