Monday, October 22, 2012

Photo Essay: Sunset







Let's go on a little walk.









It's windy, hold onto your hat! 










We are going to take a nice, long stroll out there on that breakwall.











Do you like lighthouses?












Do you like the water?












Do you like sunsets?




Well, today, I have all three!









And I am sharing...








On September 30, Luke and I went to Grand Rapids to the ArtPrize show.  

Since we were SO CLOSE to the lake shore, we took a few minutes and drove out there and found ourselves the perfect spot to watch the sunset.

The water was lively.The sunset was gorgeous.And the waves crashed up on the pier.











It was sort of like being on the bow of a ship heading straight for the sun. 

(Except I wasn't seasick.  And I slept in my own bed that night!)









If you live in Michigan, you're never too far away from a lake shore.










And that's great!











Because the beauty of our Great Lakes is unmatched.

This particular sunset was brought to you by...

LAKE MICHIGAN.























1 comment:

Mary Ann Potter said...

Grand Haven! How lovely! I haven't been there since '67! It doesn't seem that long ago when I look at your beautiful photos.