Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winter: Dreaming in White



















Last winter was the most beautiful winter we'd had in Michigan in years.  There was plenty of snow, plenty of frost, and best of all, plenty of FOG.  

FOG plus snow equals my MOST FAVORITE combination for beautiful photos in the cold months.


These photos feature a frequent visitor we entertained a lot last winter, one called 'hoarfrost'.  

This year has not been fruitful for a lot of photos for consumption by my appreciative blog readers.  

So, I had to go back into the photo archives and look to see what I'd missed out on showing you last winter.  

It got me to thinking, which I sometimes do.

This is how it is with a garden.  Some years, you have a bumper crop of berries or tomatoes, and then the next year, it's a total berry or tomato famine.  (Wasn't that deep?!)

That's why you grab all you can, while you can.




Hoping you enjoyed today's photos, 
brought to you today by a very generous Winter, 2011.


2 comments:

Suzy said...

I am a new follower, and wanted you to know how much I enjoy looking at your photos. They are so peaceful and thoughtful. Thanks so much!

Kathie Truitt said...

I only like snow through pictures. Regardless of how beautiful it can be, I just don't like snow. I'm definitely a spring/summer girl.