Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Beautiful Girl!





Today is a special day.  It's the day I first became a mother 29 years ago.


What a day that was!  I still get misty-eyed just thinking back to that wonderful day.

She was my first baby.  Everything went according to textbook.  She was almost on time, she was due the 25 and started labor that night, was born the next morning, about the time her daddy usually would leave for work.  It was love at first sight.







She was so cute when she was born, came out with a hard frown, and looked like she was quite annoyed at those lights overhead, and as if she was saying "Would you turn those lights off, already?!  I was trying to sleep!"  











Over the next few days we got to know each other better.  And I learned she loved her daddy dearly, and she stole his heart, too.


She was a gorgeous baby, with heartbreaking blue eyes, and her dark hair eventually turned totally blonde--platinum.


Before I could turn around it was time for her to start school.


Soon, she broke my heart at kindergarten registration when she told me she didn't need me to help her with her coat, she could do it herself.  She could do lots herself, and she always has.








Such an independent little spitfire, that girl.  How I admire her spirit and her strength, more than she will ever, ever know.  She has made us so proud. 

Before I could turn around, she had graduated high school, college, and set out on her own to fulfill a dream she had of living in her dad's home state. 








And it turns out, that it's a good thing that she is strong, and independent because she lives far, far from her family.  


Now that she's a mother herself, she is calling on that strength and independence every day to get this important job done that she's so glad to have.


But how I would love, love, love to be there with her today and spoil her a little and love on those beautiful babies she's got.






Jamie, have I ever told you you are my hero?


Well, you are.


And I love you.










I love you dearly and wish you a beautiful, magical, yet ordinary birthday.  The only wish I have is that we could be with you to celebrate.





7 comments:

aimee said...

For the 26th--
Ahh, sweet! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter and blessings to you on this, the day of her birth!
Be blessed,
Aimee

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

What a lovely tribute for your daughter! I must tell you my eyes moistened reading it. I'm sure her day will be all that it's supposed to be. Happy birthday to her!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie!!!!!!
And Happy Birth Day to you, Joni!
xo, misha

LeaderOfTheChickenParade said...

Thanks Ma! It is a magically ordinary day with my babies! Wish you guys were here too! At least the hubby is bringing piazza home for dinner! :)

Sherri Farley said...

Very sweet post. My daughter is 29 this year, I remember the day she came into the world as thought it was yesterday. Love your quotes. I love a good patriotic blog!!!!!

Sandy Hawley said...

I just wanted you to know how beautiful your birthday wish to Jamie was. It made me cry. I think we all feel that way with our children and the older they get the more we realize it!

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful moment with us--
and "Happy Birhday to your baby girl!!!

mary your sis said...

I know you wish you could be with your sweet girl on all her special days. She is a wonderful daughter and a great wife and mother; you're all very blessed to have each other, wish you could be closer too.