Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Time With My Girl....


My daughter, Jamie, on the right (from Alabama now) and her cousin Holly. Two pretty girls....at their cousin's wedding. The one on the left just graduated high school and will go to college to become a teacher. The one on the right is done with college, has lived and worked out on her own, and also married for two years now, and is 26 years old. They love each other and are always happy to see one another.

And yet,


somehow,


when they get together,


they act "normal" for a while, and then



it always spirals into







this....


A pig-faced snort-fest! Two GOOFY GOOBER girls!

(But I love 'em both to death...they are two peas in a pod, just silly and sassy and spicy girls! Always making life more interesting! And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

I miss my girl, we packed more into a couple days and I have to tell you about it.

We are like the Indians and pilgrims; we see each other, and trade. She comes from 'Bama bearing gifts.



And, SUNDROP....a pop (or "coke" as they say there) similar to Mountain Dew that you can get there in Alabama, but not here! It's a treat...!

We sent her home with...(among other various items) these two food items:

A huge box of Koegel Vienna hot dogs....heaven on earth when they're cooked on the grill or over a campfire or made into a "coney dog"!

And...lo and behold, one night on the way to the movies, she spotted a DAWN DONUT shoppe, and she had to get herself some peanut-butter-frosted-cinnamon-buns-with-nuts-on-top!

And when those were gone Monday, we hunted down another store and she got a dozen more to take home with her! She remembers eating these as a little kid and now almost all of the DAWN DONUT locations went out of business and no longer exist!

We trade. And then we live happily ever after. And we then smoke our peace pipes, beat the tom toms awhile and then collapse on our deer hides after we consume a huge dinner consisting of peanut-butter-frosted-cinnamon-buns-with-nuts-on-top and paint our faces and have war hoop contests while we're drunk on the sugar.

She is always thus....as she
visits the sacred ground of her childhood....
(Just kiddin' about all that Indian stuff!)

*Ü*


(There's more, too.)

We (Me, Jamie and her daddy!) antiqued for a couple of glorious hours Monday afternoon. (More to come on that.)

We went to Frankenmuth and BRONNER'S, the largest Christmas store in the whole world.

And we looked to our heart's content because there were no men with us to say "Can we go now?"...(simply because they are wimpy shoppers). But, that's a whole 'nother post.

And a whole 'nother giveaway.

YUP. A GIVEAWAY! Stay tuned. It involves an American Flag...you know I like me some red, white and blue!




Here is a cousin photo from the wedding reception over the weekend.

9 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Fun young ones ... pretty, too. Wherever do you live with those products names?

Did you find me any feedsacks when antiquing? Joking ....
TTFN ~Marydon

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh how fun to get the girls together...now that music is cracking me up girl...Did I ever tell you I love your blog...always so much fun to come by here...May you have a great and safe Fourth...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Cute girls, and what fun times you all had!!! I agree with you, men are shopping wimps. LOL!!! Fun fun times!!!
♥ Teresa

Elenka said...

Those are some faces!! What fun!

Carol Murdock said...

Joni....you and her are just like me and " the girl ". Daughters are the best gift God has to give!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh, do I love this!!! What beautiful girls they both are! And a sense of humor too! What a blessing this must have been for you. I know my own oldest left for Montana on Tuesday and it is lonely around here w/o her, her hubby, and little Trena! Now I have to count the days till Christmas.

KathyB. said...

Daughters, one of God's greatest blessings. I know fathers agree wholeheartedly too!Love the post. Looks like you've been having some great family times this summer.

Sandie said...

Enjoy your sundrop! I live in a town, ardmore alabama where 90% of the population is addicted to the drink. It is so fun to see how long newcomers will last before they have joined in on the addiction!! Will have to find that Gleem though. I enjoy your blog!

Donna said...

HAhahaaaa...What a FUN Post!!! I love the faces and the Swap!!!hughugs