Monday, June 3, 2013

Farmhouse Porch




Spring is so brilliant and so special, especially after a long, gray winter.


It's always a pleasure to get back outside and ready the porch for the summer season.




So now that it's done, I thought I'd share with you.






I got out the old washtubs again, and this year, I used the bottom shelf, which now looks less awkward than sitting empty.  

In the washtubs are some nice full geraniums.  Someone had asked if I planted the flowers in the washtub.  They are not.  This is a couple of potted geraniums sitting up on a brick so the pots sit high enough to see the flowers.




I keep a cute little enamelware dishpan on the table with water in it for JuneBug.  I think the birdies might eventually find it and don't know what I'll do then, especially since JuneBug is such a good hunter girl.  :(






I just love the old Spirit of  '76 flag flyin' in the wind.
I usually fly two flags, one on the front and side railing each.  
So one of the flags is always 1776.




Come sit, down, let's rock and chat a spell!





How have you been?
I've missed you!




10 comments:

lil red hen said...

Good to see you again! Just this morning I was wondering about you.

Your porch is grand! Sadly, our road is not paved and everything gets covered with dust, so I can't put much out. Good idea for filling the washtub too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Ann Potter said...

What a delight to see you again, Joni. Your porch is beautiful. Happy Summer!!!

Anonymous said...

The porch looks great! The geraniums are gorgeous.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

What an inviting porch you have. I'm doing good, staying busy with life/work/keeping up with my blog. Have you come over and read my posts of my Nicaragua trip? I'm almost through with posting them. long process but enjoy going through the photos again. Hugs and have a nice day.

aimee said...

Joni.
Your porch and home always look so comfy and inviting! Love the wicker and other décor:)
Have a blessed June.
Aimee

Thistle Cove Farm said...

the porch looks cozy and welcoming, just as I imagine you to be, Joni.
If you get a chance, ready my latest post...it's about the latest craziness happening in "our" government.

Deanna said...

Howdy from Kansas!
I had a lovely time sitting on your porch.
Nice to visit with you.

Makes me want to go sweep my porch off and call it good.

God bless,
d

Anonymous said...

Ϲonsider prescгiрtion drug covеrage: See if you have сoνerage foг ехpensive pгescriρtion ԁrugs.
bаsed) and at the ѕаme deduсtible pеr person anԁ peг family
both on thе in аnԁ out of nеtwоrk bаsis.
Thesе aгe "colder" calls, but уοu
have a taгget and a very gоoԁ rеason
to cаll them.

Heгe іs my hоmepage health іnsuгanсе :
: http://www.acps.org/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=FloreneBa :
:

Tonita said...

Hi Joni,
Just found your blog and just love your cozy porch. Looks sweet and inviting.