Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Golden Autumn Days







November is golden for a little while before she turns to steely gray.

A warm day is a special gift she gives before she turns to blowing her chilling winds.

But she ushers in a season of thankfulness, 
that warm season of remembering and reflection.

Can you see the wisdom in those pilgrims of long ago,
--who, more than we will ever know or comprehend--
 knew about the blessings of plenty, 
following the seasons of very little.

Thankful be...

As I turn the calendar page over to the eleventh page,
I need to count my many blessings, one by one.


5 comments:

Kerin said...

Beautiful thoughts to go with your beautiful pictures.
We awoke to a beautiful glowing November sky. Now... the rain has begun....a prelude to snow.

lillie mae acres said...

Beautiful Joni. November is truly special, I feel so blessed throughout the year and am always thanking and loving God above, but knowing and preparing for Thanksgiving Day along with the weather changes going on outside creates such a feeling of warmth.

Allison of A Farmgirl's View said...

Beautiful pictures! I absolutely love this time of year!
Lovely Words too!
God bless,
Allison

FHCS said...

Beautiful post! I love your little house...so cute. I sent you a catch up email.....I hope you are well. Congrats on your new grandbaby...she's simply georgeous! There are so many blessing to reflect upon. Take care! xo Dee

Anonymous said...

Joni, I love looking at your beautiful pictures and also the great music that plays in the background. Thanks for sharing... Love Fall, can't wait to see all your gorgeous Christmas and winter picutures.
Your F/B friend,
Margaret Ann Bratton-Ploof