Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Of February Sunsets


I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God. 
-Abraham Lincoln








It doesn't matter how many sunsets you've seen in your lifetime each one is better than the last.


The shades of periwinkle still astound, the on-fire pinks blended perfectly with orange and yellow....and the brilliance the bright middle, and darkness of the outer side of this rainbow-colored sunset contained within the western skies--all painted to capture  attention at twilight.






Another sunset ... framed perfectly by what surrounds us; 






Maybe an old farm fence, topped with barbed wire and a few bare trees, and some ragged weeds and light reflected off the blue snow.


A jeweled painting put in the sky--nothing that can be matched by any paintbrush a human could wield, all to savor and enjoy, if you only take time notice....






For those few still and quiet moments God timed it to last.   



The blue of heaven is larger than the clouds.  
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Proof is everywhere! Lovely post!

Jeanette said...

Those pictures remind me of the sunrises I see in the early fall on my way to work. Gorgeous!

The Muse said...

My book of prose, as well as your gift, was so sweetly shared at Ms Bee's blog :)...
I have followed the trail and was delighted to be able to visit here this week.
I applaud the beauty of the photography...The Master is an artist to be sure :)

Cindy said...

God's beauty..in the sky!! Love it.
Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Many are the eves when the sunset captures my eyes and I am lost in the beauty God has created.
Blessings,
Aimee

Kathie Truitt said...

That amber glow of a sunset bouncing off the atmosphere. I've never witnessed a more beautiful purple hue. Breathtaking.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

And today is my favorite day of each week! Beautiful photographs, they capture God's handiwork, beautifully.