Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekend!




late to bed::late to get up::breakfast at noon::ice cream for dinner::a drive at dusk::biting into a juicy tomato fresh off the vine::skipping rocks on the water::a movie on a whim::flip flops to wear::oldies on the radio::breezes ruffling the curtain at the window::sunsets to savor::black cherries on my counter::sandals on my feet in church::baseball on television::dogs chasing fireflies::buzzing trees::busy bees::rocking on the porch::sheets on the line flappin' in the breeze::

::remembering how far away winter seems right now::


5 comments:

Mandie said...

Isn't summer just wonderful?! I love not having to get up early to get my girls off to school and having to be back by 3 to pick them up. FREEDOM!!

savvycityfarmer said...

oh yeah baby ... I was JUST thinking the other day about the w word ... and I felt that" autmnal" feeling ... oh ick-y

HOWEVER ... I do love fall, but that's all!

Valerie said...

Love the photo and enjoyed the complete post. Wonderful.

XO,
Valerie

mary your sis said...

Misty water-colored memories. Makes me want summer to last at least three more months....

mary your sis said...

What happened to our babies? They sure grew up fast: I want these days back!